Saturday, January 28, 2006

28th January 2006

Cigs: 0
Drinks:0
Binges: divine b'fast that darling cooked brought from her house cos she cldnt grind for dosai yest.

ah what fabulous weather. tis cold. and dry. 25% humidity. which means bits of me keep cracking and im covered in fine network of paper-cut-like cuts and i soend most of my time slathering loiton or baby oil all over me. BUT my hair is fabulous and the wind is beautiful, the days ar ebright and sunny and nippy. the stars shine bright. good hevaens im getting poetic. yes i quit. they are being nice enough to waive notice and poay ,me for the past 2 weeks so not entirely a lkoss. course now must go to goa. hopefully wit hsp in romantic interlude. hahahahahahaha sometimes i stun myself.

been reading up a storm, so now am not scared the books will devour me in my sleep anymore. am tempted to write story now....hmmm...maybe. have decided to keep log of all books read. from january first 2006:

1. city of marvels - eduardo mendoza
2. hogfather - terry pratchett
3. the hungry tide - amitav ghosh
4. the simoqin prophecies - samit basu
5. the manticore's secret - samit basu
6. mort - terry pratchett
7. reaper man - terry pratchett
8. shantaram - david gregory robets
9. anil's ghost - michael ondaatje
10. butter chicken in ludhiana - pankaj mishra
11. hocus pocus - kurt vonnegut
12. notes from a big country - bill bryson
13. chasing the monk's shadow - mishi saran
14. artemis fowl - eoin colfer


dammit, about 3 a week? shameful. esp since five in past week. tut tut tut.

reccomendations anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger saturn air jam said...

how on earth do you read so many books in such little time?

10:11 AM  
Blogger MinCat said...

but its not a lot na! thas wot im saying na! i read like madperson lauhging at the rain hahaha cldnt resist.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I've read several of them; am just re-reading my Bill Bryson collection in lieu of actually travelling myself.

11:17 AM  
Blogger MinCat said...

yes i do so ADORE bill bryson. *sigh* someday maybe ill have the ability to writ like him. i think my favourite bit of ALL time is his decription of crickwet in "in a sunburned country" oh god i was laughing for hours. plus he gets paid to write books and travel. lucky sod.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home