Saturday, April 15, 2006

15th April 2006

among my various claims to fame lie the photograph in a gallery at the Cloud Appreciation Society[link] which might go on the front cover of the magazine section of the UK times on the 22nd of april, and the rather nauseatingly hallmark poem that was supposed to be published at some point. thinking about this led me to actually reread the threadbare collection of my poems i still have, and i have come ot the conclusion that i did write nice enough love poetry....when i was most definitely not in love. wiht anyone. huh. does that happen a lot?

back home after bombay, a definitely awful trip till wednesday evening whereupon it became magical for 8 hours and then quickly got on with getting over. cut short by boil trouble; i now have another cannula. bright side: on the back of my hand, wiht a good nurse who refused to heed my hysterical pleas and stuck it in right, so it felt like an injection and not a skewer. still hurts to type a lot though.

room is a disaster area, cant be bothered to clean it up. cant be bothered to do most anything anymore. bad sign for nyu im sure. i wonder ive gotten so used to academia of the execrable pisspot style, what will i do in the real world? do i remember how to actually put effort into work? time will tell i suppose.

ah time...how it hates me. timing is the single worst thing about my life. well and geography a little bit too. a lot even, cos come to think of it, the cause of internet addiction is merely the fact that tis the only way to delude self into thinking have full healthy life with lots of people and friends and interaction and so on, because the people are far away. of course the scariest part begins when i realise that maybe if geography was working in my favour, things wld still be as nebulous as they are, leaving me to deal with reality of source of problem - me. so perhaps i wont curse geography so much.

going to flunk spanish exam. cant be bothered to study. cant concentrate. shouldnt have chosen higher level. damn. fools rush in... that such a fabulous movie. it might even be my favourite. if i could bring myself to commit to something so momentous as a favourite movie. *shudder* the very thought!

right instead of spiralling into my favourite little pit of futility im off to clean room and find flowers to put in it...who says you cant give yourself flowers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I regularly give myself flowers (because no-one else is going to). Happy Easter from Britain.

12:05 PM  
Blogger MinCat said...

thank you and the same to you. it rained. torrentially. to our delight. and yes thats essactly why i give em to myself too. and im cheap, i get em from the garden/

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

\ | /
-(o)-
/ | \
|
|

Sorry, that's the best I can manage as a flower for you.

2:22 PM  
Blogger MinCat said...

awwwww so cute! thank you

3:10 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh yes, you can have the tulips I posted on my blog last thursday too. Assuming, that is, you still visit my blog these days.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home